Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday's Joyful Shout (Genesis 24:10-14, Matthew 25:21)

Today starts a new theme of A Joyful Shout. This is a hard one, but if you look at one word that has a double meaning throughout every passage, you'll find it. In one meaning, the word is a useful object. In another, a state of being. I hope you'll play. First one to guess the theme wins a prize. Comment here or at makinwaves64@yahoo.com. Follow A Joyful Shout @bobmakin on Twitter or in the Joyful Shout group on Facebook.

10 Then the servant took ten of his master’s camels and departed, for all his master’s goods were in his hand. And he arose and went to Mesopotamia, to the city of Nahor. 11 And he made his camels kneel down outside the city by a well of water at evening time, the time when women go out to draw water. 12 Then he said, “O LORD God of my master Abraham, please give me success this day, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 Behold, here I stand by the well of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water. 14 Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, ‘Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink’—let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master.”
(Genesis 24:10-14, New King James Version)

21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ (Matthew 25:21, New King James Version)



TEACHING
"Servants Meeting with Rebekah," Matthew Henry
"The Parable of the Talents," Matthew Henry

PRAYER
For all those affected by the storm with damage and loss of power.

Blessings,
B :)

No comments:

Post a Comment